Monday, January 09, 2006

Introducing myself...

It's time to join 2 billion other blogs. But really, this one's gonna be different.

My name is David. I live in Toronto. This blog is going to discuss music for the most part. Toronto has been an incalculable influence on my musical, political and epicurean sensibility - that's what happens when you live in a ridiculously multicultural city for most of your life.

I've got outlets for writing and DJing. You can find examples of the former at Exclaim magazine, where I am an assistant editor covering soul, jazz, reggae/dub, non-idiomatic improv (Derek Bailey RIP) and global sounds. I have issues with regard to 'world music' and I'm sure there will be many a post devoted to exploring them. I host a radio show at CIUT-FM, heard Wednesdays from 6-8 PM Eastern time (except the first Wednesday of the month). It's an open format show, but my tastes always run to heavy polyrhythmic sounds - whether you can dance to them or just flail along to the sonic intensity. Part of the purpose of this blog is to serve as an archive for my playlists from the radio show. I DJ live as well. I play dub in all its forms; whether it's Jamaican or techno or a slapback echo gone wrong, it's my mission to trace a journey from the effects rack of the studio to your synapses.

If you would like to join my email list, please contact me.

I hope you find this blog interesting (if not this post).

DD

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home