Monday, November 26, 2007

Cumbiadelic Congress


Some self promoter I am... gig's in 3 days and I'm just posting about it now:

Dos Mundos Radio (CIUT, Tuesdays 12-2PM) presents:

Cumbiadelic Circus

A night of badass tropical grooves blending old and new
Featuring:Psychotropical Orchestra (Mexico/Montreal) - first time in Toronto!
Plan C (Colombia/Toronto)

Your DJs for the affair:
Huelepega ("Glue Sniffer") Soundsystem & DJ David Dacks (CIUT/Abstract Index)
dubbing out cumbia rebajada, vallenato, Afro-Peruvian, NuYorican funk, Tropicalia, Latin psych, African rumba and much more...

Lula Lounge, Dundas St, W of Dufferin

Showtime 10PM

I just got myself one of these:




so it's time to take it for a spin!! Don't try to stop me!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger sanders.noah@gmail.com said...

David:

Hello! My name is Noah Sanders and I'm heading up the New Media department at Seattle-based record label Light In The Attic (Noel Ellis, Karen Dalton, Betty Davis). We've been putting out a series entitled Jamaica to Toronto that focuses on the reggae/dub/funk made by Jamaicans in Toronto over the last twenty or thirty years.

We've managed to cobble together a band of existing musicians (Jay Douglas, The Mighty Pope) and they're playing a show at Club Mod on the 13th. I'd like to talk to you about possibly getting you on to the guest list, but I don't want to further clog your comment board.

If you're interested at all, email me at noah@lightintheattic.net and we'll talk further.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks for your time.

Noah Sanders
Light In The Attic
noah@lightintheattic.net

4:20 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home