Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Penultimate Pre-Holiday Programming

Every year I'm required to make a pile of top ten lists and all of them feel incomplete.

As far as radio goes, top ten lists make for very disjointed programming, so I've come up with (I think) my best solution yet. I'm going to go against the grain of campus radio and do a 'greatest hits of '08' show.

My most played discs of the year are going to get one last curtain call, no hierarchy required.

Typically, my faves for radio play are stylistically versatile discs that sound good in a number of contexts. They may or may not match up to my favourite album-length statements of the year, but genre and origin are meaningless in this concept. Well, not quite: thanks to CanCon regulations on all radio stations, I expect many of my most played discs will be Canadian.

Now the work begins of going through almost 50 playlists to determine who the 'winners' are. Tune in next week and find out. Tune in this week too, for the last freeform, all-music show of the year. Expect holiday music, but good stuff.

As always, thanks for listening.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home