Monday, January 04, 2010

Tribute To Lhasa

Today in Eye Weekly I've written an appreciation of the singular talent that was Lhasa de Sela. She died far too young from breast cancer this past Friday.

I didn't play her music all that much on the Abstract Index, but I respected and admired the work she did. Judging from the interviews I did for the article, she never failed to leave a strong, positive impression on those she touched with her music or in her personal life.

You can read the article here.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Term Papers said...

Today in Eye Weekly You've written an appreciation of the singular talent that was Lhasa de Sela. Well You written In this article. You say that you don't love her but admire her work. I want to Know that why you don't love her?


Term papers

5:30 a.m.  
Blogger Dacks said...

Hi "Term Papers" - Particularly with her second last album The Living Road, I found that I would bring it with me to the radio station with the intention of playing it but because this show is mostly improvised, didn't end up spinning it all that much. This happens with many artists who for whatever reason I find I just can't 'fit in' to what's going on at the time, even though I like their music. So while I very much respected Lhasa's unique talent, I didn't "love" (if that's what you want to call it) her music enough for it to have made my regular psychic rotation.

9:38 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home