Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Just Putting It Out There

It's been too long since I posted links to recent works in print and on the web, much less updated my sidebar. Here's a selection:

At Exclaim, I've had the pleasure of several interesting interviews over the last couple of months. "Conversations" include Western Saraha's Group Doueh, future-bashment wizards South Rakkas Crew (which IMO is a landmark release for the GTA), and the indie-faithful Wavelength Crew.

For Eye Weekly, the last several months have contained features on Getachew Mekuria & The Ex and David Amram, as well as reviews of Viviane Houle, Hardal and Mahala Rai Banda.

On Spinner.ca I wrote about Toronto's avant-dancehall/soul stars Bonjay and Kid Koala's hard rocking The Slew.

I've been doing some writing for Musicworks, & in their current issue wrote about the New Music Marathon, which was an event at Yonge Dundas Square in 2007-8 but unfortunately cancelled last year. Their new issue will be out shortly and I look forward to seeing a couple of pieces published.

There have been quite a few interviews on the Abstract Index lately. If you haven't caught up on the archives, chats with the Wavelength Crew (unedited! unrestrained!) and soul/rock/etc. singer Saidah Baba Talibah are still available.

And now - I'm off to generate more content! Tonight, I'm pre-taping an interview with awesome guitarist Mary Halvorson to air on next week's Abstract Index.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home