Sunday, April 11, 2010

April Showers Of Feature Articles


A bit late in the month to be getting to this, but I wrote three substantial features at Exclaim this month.

The first is the lead feature (prior to Dimitri Nasrallah's excellent cover story on Poirier) about soul sister supreme Sharon Jones, who looks like she's moving up to a new level in popularity with her new disc, I Learned The Hard Way.

Also, I squeezed some more juice out of my interview session with Christine Duncan to write an article which was somewhat different than my Eye Weekly profile last month.

Finally, I got the chance to interview Ethio Jazz legend Mulatu Astatke. I spoke to him on the phone, but we decided that medium wouldn't cut it, so we did an email interview instead. He's a beautiful guy...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home